About Me

My photo
I AM LIVING THE GREAT AMERICAN DREAM OF RAISING A TEENAGER, MY LIFE IS FUN, FUN, FUN... NOT!!!! GOD HELP ME GET THROUGH THIS PHASE OF RAISING A CHILD. AMEN

Mama stress

Every mother out there has stress in their lives just based on the fact that they're raising children and probably working outside the home as well. Whether it is one child or several children, we all feel the pressure. I thought I had a-lot of "mama stress". My son participates in several sports including- football, baseball, and basketball, then there are the workouts twice a week at the sports training center where we take him for conditioning. We literally have some practice or game every night through the week. To make matters more complicated and stressful he is a "tween", all moms know what that is. The in between time where they are not little kids anymore yet they're not teenagers either. I used to think it only applied to girls but now I've come to the conclusion that it is not gender specific. I really am getting a workout with using my stress management skills, his attitude tests me daily. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mommy and I love my life, "It's All Good" as the saying goes, however it can be taxing to constantly feel like you are on the go with very little down time. However I did have an exceptionally nice holiday break this year, it was refreshing to be on a more relaxed schedule for a few days. Now that the holidays are over though it would be easy to get stressed and anxious if I didn't watch it. I really cannot say it enough how much it helps to have a good stress management plan in place to deal with the constant bombardment of stress and angst that comes with being a mom. I practice mine EVERYDAY. You see for me personally (and I talk about this all the time) it's real important to get the right start to the day, I like to sit and clear my head of all negative thoughts and do some deep breathing exercises - they are very relaxing. I also like to do stretching exercises especially the neck and back as that is where I feel the effects of stress the most. If you are a busy mom and find stress affecting you everyday then try some relaxation techniques, there are so many available that you should be able to find one that works for you. Good luck!!!

No comments: